Nowadays women are so focused on their looks and it’s nothing wrong with that. I’ll admit if my face isn’t made and my hair is not decent I don’t feel like my full self. People should take pride in their appearance because when you look good you feel good. However, our appearance shouldn’t be the only thing we work on.
It’s just important to work on your inner self as it is your appearance. Your inner self is your heart, mind, and spirit. It doesn’t matter how good you look if these areas aren’t right you’ll still end up being unattractive. In some cases you will put too much focus on the outer because dealing with the inner is too much to handle.
I love giving beauty tips and sharing what I do to look good, but here are a few things I do to make sure my heart, mind, and spirit are good.
- Pray: Everyday multiple times a day. It doesn’t have to be a long drawn out prayer. Constant communication with God keeps you grounded and releases stress
- Have a spirit of gratitude: learn to be thankful for even the little things. Always remember things can be worse and someone somewhere would love to be in your shoes
- Be nice not phony: this is tricky and I’m still working on it. It doesn’t kill you to say hello to a stranger or give a compliment. You don’t have to go out of your way and it shouldn’t be force. If there are people around you that you don’t care for keep your attitude in check and dont allow them to take you out of character
- Learn and try something new: Keep it simple and make it fun. Go to a restaurant you’ve been wanting to try. Attend an expo or convention. Read a book other than a novel. The point is to continually stimulate your mind.
- Do something for someone else: There is a huge blessing on giving. Whether it’s your time, talents, or finances. Taking a moment to to do something for someone else opens your heart is an incredible way.
Let’s not forget to work on our inner beauty as we continue to master and learn ways to enhance our outer beauty.
Love and peace💋